Monday, November 30, 2009

Stress oh Stress...

We are a week away from our closing date on our new house. It's SO exciting yet SO stressful! Leaving with my in laws for the last 5 months is only adding to the stress. But I am truly grateful that they took us in!

Today was just one of those "Mondays". I started out with a 20 minute walk/run before taking my son to Preschool. Between 9:00 and 11:00 my day gradually got more and more stressful with some of the house stuff. After putting my kids down for their naps, I decided I need a really good workout.

Let me explain how I cherish my workouts. Working out produced good endorphins in your body which in turn helps reduce stress and anxiety. This is what I've been missing out on these last 4 weeks while I've been on recovery from my surgery. Granted the walking and jogging has helped, but I think my body just need a good workout. So, that's what I did for about 40 minutes.

Then again after dinner I did another 20 minute run/walk.

So there you have it... I had a stressful day, which means I tried to burn off a lot of that stress by working out 3 times today!

Sarah F.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hey Sarah, I so agree that exercise helps us get rid of the stress. Piano playing works that way for me too...but it doesn´t get rid of any fat :)
Glad to hear you will be getting into your new house soon and back to a full recovery from your surgery. Have a good day.
Love,
Joy

Unknown said...

That´s right girl! Sweat out that Stress! How are you feeling though afterwards now... are you all healed? that´s a lot of working out! ;)

I can´t even imagine the stress of getting into a new home. Not to mention the $ end of it. But what a blessing it will be to have it done! Can´t wait to see it!

Big crunchin´hugs,
Dani Joy