Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Post for Sweating off the fat!

Hasn't this been fun! With the new challenge this week, Gen and I actually ran our 3 mile course! I am not a young woman, nor am I in good shape, but with Dani Joy's encouragement, I was able to run. My 7 year old daughter said, "Mom, you ran?" Not very good when your own family doesn't believe you, but I have Genevieve for a witness. I have had the desire to loose weight and be more physically fit as I enter the latter part of life. I definitely don't want to be a fat grandma, nor a unhealthy burden to my children. This challenge has given me the push I needed. I especially appreciate Dani Joy's encouragement about "not believing the lie" that I can't be slender again. Now, I have a very long way to go, more than 50#, but looking at the photos of Dani Joy at the race in Spain is remarkable. It looks like she has lost half of her weight since I last saw her in person a few years ago. Thanks Dani for your testimony of God's faithfulness in giving you success in fitness. You look great! I want to be part of the next challenge and the ones after that since I have a long way to go! Thank you all for your encouragement and testimonies. I did the last challenge and didn't have much success since I was stressed in the middle of a big move. We may be moving again, but I am going to keep exercising and eating better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww Anne, I am so thankful that the Lord is using me in some small way to encourage and help. Beauty is vain so that´s not the reason, and I know you get it. It´s living healthy, strong and fit for Jesus and your family. So glad you are doing so well now and will keep at it. Praise the Lord!

Could you send me an e mail with how many inches you lost and lbs you lost on the challenge? If you want that is.

I will write you some times to keep you accountable! jeje ;) I love the Spanish jeje too! you have to think that the j is pronounced very guteral though. It´s almost as if you have to clear your throat. It´s so funny to do. jeje

Love you, Anne, you have always been such a wonderful blessing and testimony to me!

Dani Joy