Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a busy day!

Hi everyone, today has been a very busy day. I didn't get much formal exercise in but still feel good about my day. It started out with a field trip to Tucson Electric Power's Solar Yard. Very interesting. Then I had to try to concentrate on Trevor's schooling while I was baking a cake for a customer. It was a Minnie Mouse cake covered in fondant. It took me approximately 5 hours to get it done and my arms and legs are sore. I guess in a way it's a different kind of workout.

I am still on target with my goal. I was able to exercise everday since we started (except for today) and I've been doing pretty good with cutting down on processed food.

For those of you that subscribe to Netflix, they carry Jillian Michaels' DVDs. I'm supposed to be getting the 30 day shred tomorrow. I am so excited to try it out. I plan to walk tomorrow evening and then do the DVD. What's neat about it is that after the 30 days I can return it and then get another one of her DVDs. Netflix allows us to keep the DVDs until we are done with it. So if you have Netflix, you can get the DVDs at no extra cost. Just another way to save money.

I hope I am making sense. I am so tired, but felt the need to post tonight. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

Let's keep encouraging each other.

Charlie C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,
I understand what you mean about your legs and arms getting a workout with the cake. It is very time consuming and requires much attention. I love to bake and decorate cakes too! It's an art and a lot of fun.

I hear a lot about Jillian Michaels' DVDs. Can you describe them more in detail. I would be interested in knowing more.

Thanks!
Kathryn :-)

Charlie said...

Hi Kathryn,

As sooon as I do it this afternoon, I will let you know. I know that Dani Joy really likes it and she uses it. I know that there are a couple of other ladies who use it too. That is why I decided to try it myself. I would be more than happy to give you my comments on it as well.

I'm glad there's another baker on here. You're right it is alot of fun. My challenge this time was to make Minnie Mouse's ears stay standing up. I'm a little worried about it because I can't assemble it at the place the party is at. The customer wants me to deliver it to her mom's house. I usually put things like ears at the destination but since that's not possible, I just have to pray that they stay up. I seem to do alot of praying when I bake my cakes. Praise the Lord I've only had one collapse on me so far. LOL!!!

Anyways, I hope you have a great weekend. Now, I have to get ready for the Ladies' Breakfast at church.

Keep crunchin'
Charlie

Unknown said...

Charlie, I can´t wait to see how your Prayerful Minnie Mouse turned out. hehe. I am sure she was beautiful as much prayer went into her. ;)

I can imagine you were tired. 5 hrs on one cake would have me going to the funny farm especilly seens how I would have to re do half of what I had done. LOL You are an artist!

Well, I managed to get in an 1hr of leg lifts and marching in the car. I call it car-jer-cise.

It was good talking with you today.
Great job on your goals! I need to do a cleanse of some kind this week.

Have a lovely Lord´s day.
Love
Dani Joy