Thursday, October 29, 2009

Greens are Good for you

I've learned that if you eat a large salad with a base of good greens (not iceburg lettuce) like Romaine, spinach etc. and a lowfat dressing (I like the salad spritzers) before the lunch and evening meals it fills you up, so you won't be able to eat too much of the rest of dinner. This makes for a lower calorie meal. I truly walk away from meals with a satisfied feeling but not bloated.

I also find that washing your salad greens all at once then putting in a air tight container really helps to encourage me to eat more salads. I enjoy salads, I just hate the preparation time. This tip has really helped me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome tip, Charlie! it´s a keeper! I love my salads too but hate to make them . I buy pre ripped lettuce greens. Lazy! well, it works to just grab and through those cherry tomatoes on! Love it!

Thanks for participating, Charlie! It means so much to me!

Crunching together,
Dani JOY

Mary said...

That is a great tip. I love salad, and do the same...make it up in advance. I don't particularly like making a salad, so I do enough to last at least two nights, sometimes three. That way, I'm really hungry, I'll go get the salad before I get tempted to pig out on something else. I tried those green bags that are supposed to keep it fresh for days, but I didn't see much difference, so I use the airtight containers like you do...works great!

Happy crunching!
Mary