Monday, November 2, 2009

Crunch In - Monday

Good morning everyone! I am a bit frustrated this morning. I got on the scale -- just knowing I would have gone down a couple of ounces or SOMETHING, but no ... I gained 4 ounces.

I drank a LOT of water yesterday (even was up in the night) and am getting back on track with daily exercise. I know this will all balance out, but of course we all want immediate results.

I got in another 50 minutes of workout today. So my extra 10 minutes from yesterday and my extra 10 minutes from today gives me an additional point. Yay me. Now, if I can just get a point from LOSING weight!

I also measured (against my will I tell you). I never have known if I was doing this right. I put on my bra this morning before I measured -- you know, the kind of bra that heavy chested women DON'T like because it makes our chest look even bigger (argh)?

Chest 41 1/2
Waist 37
Hips 42

Sigh.

I would much rather have my focus on the Lord than on myself. So with that said, let me encourage you (while I'm encouraging myself) with this scripture:
Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
I am ASKING for freedom from any bondage to food. I am KNOCKING on the door and am SEEKING Him and His wisdom. I know the door will be opened because He is not a man that He would lie.

Have a great day making wise choices ladies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Let´s focus on HIM! Thank you for that reminder!

It´s only been a couple of days. You know and I know it take consistancy. Stay on that wagon! ;) You got it! The Lord is answering!

I was going to let you know of a couple of exercises to help the upper bod if you would like? I have lost 2 inches in my chest since Aug. But man.. I didn´t need to lose chest. haha.. I want some back. LOL

The Big Crunch,
Dani JOy

Unknown said...

oops forgot to click on follow up comments.. jeje

Mary said...

Beth, you are right...our focus has to be on Him! I really believe that we are doing this for Him, in that we want to be healthy, to serve and care for our families...whatever added benefits there are just become secondary.

Love the scripture...I'm asking for His strength to do this...its deep in my heart to stay healthy and fit...I think that's coming from His Spirit to mine, so I don't want to quench that nudging...now is the time!

I lost 4 pounds and then this morning, I also gained 4 oz., but that is normal...it can fluctuate for several reasons...what will matter is the number on the scale on Dec. 23rd. so don't lose your mojo! We're all here for each other.

Praying with and for you, my sister!

Mary