Monday, November 16, 2009

Crunchin' as a Family in Alberta, Canada!


Out for a family hike today. The toque (toboggan in southern talk) is not very becoming:)
It was chilly out, and harder to breathe at higher elevations. Our town sits 3,000 ft above sea level, and we were much higher than that. This is just about 10 minutes from our house, and we were doing some scouting for animals, as my husband is trying to hunt some meat for the winter. We packed a picnic lunch (tuna on thinly sliced bread and veggies for me) and had a nice time, until the babies got tired. Sure wish you could have seen those mountains-they are amazing.
We were out about 2 hours and 20 minutes, but took a break for lunch.... so I'm only counting and 1 1/2 hours of exercise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Kristy! I never imagined you with a southern accent! jejeje I love it! ;) YOu look so good with your hat on! Love it!!

The video was invigerating! I just got all excited! I love hiking! Especially with the boys. Aren´t they just such explorers by nature. Ok.. we are going to get out and do this soon, too!
Wooo hooo!!

Thanks for posting this!
Crunchin Drill Sarg.
Dani JOy