Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tip - kitchen exercise

Ok, I know Anita talks on the phone and rebounds at the same time (go Anita!) but today, I saw some other things that we can do - that may not be as cardio as rebounding but can still help us to tone muscles.

1 - While you are talking on your cell phone (in the kitchen...or in any other room) raise your other arm and do back reaches to tone the muscles in the upper arm. Then switch the phone to the other arm, and do repeats. You will eventually talk less on the phone OR get some really spiffy looking firm arms.

2 - If you are waiting for something to blend in the blender, or pasta to cook, do push offs from the counter top. In other words, whenever you have some waiting time in the kitchen, use it to do toning exercises.

One of the results of doing exercises in the kitchen, is that it will help you focus on wise food choices as you work toward the goal of being fit.

Crunching in the kitchen : )

love,
Joy

6 comments:

Anita said...

Nice one, JOY...the tip, not the DIG. How about if we do ten of your counter push-ups before opening the frig for a munchie? (do the rebounder at a health bounce level-like walking and you can talk at the same time, too. Biggest problem is the squeaking!!) (:P

Unknown said...

I am laughing at Anita´s squeaking problem with the reabounder and talking on the phone.

and about getting toned arms talking on the phone. I could maybe add my weights. I use to bike while on the phone. jejeje

Danijoy

Sarah K said...

Love it!
Thanks!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Great ideas Joy!

I've also heard of flexing the back end muscles to tone.

Joy said...

Ok, Anita. Following your wonderful example, I tried talking on the phone to my Mom while bouncing on the rebounder. Maybe I just jump higher but after just a minute she asked, "is something wrong?" So I quickly jumped off and told her I was "finishing my exercises"...because I didn´t have the heart to say I was bouncing while trying to talk...it was kind of funny. Have a great day in God´s house. Love, Joy

Maribel said...

Such great idea! I try kepping my muscles tight while I work, but I'll have to try this.