Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tip - no time to exercise?

Just recently I listened to a great sermon by one of my favorite preachers, Jim Berg (sermonaudio.com). He was encouraging his listeners to get serious about their Bible study. What he said can be easily applied to our exercise time, and so I´m sharing this with you.
It isn´t wise to try and ADD exercise time into our already busy schedule. Who has free time, when they are a wife, mom, (missionary wife, etc., etc.) and already live over-stressed, and activity packed days? You might think about getting up earlier, but seriously, that isn´t wise either, because we probably are NOT getting enough good sleep as it is, and this can lead to health problems as well.
So what is the answer? You have to take an activity out of your present schedule, to put a new activity in. I know this sounds like a no brainer, but it is the only way to really get serious about exercise (or Bible study, etc.)
After thinking about it, and praying too, I decided to give up Facebook, and my morning news show in Spanish. I didn´t spend too much time on FB (maybe 10 min. - but sometimes up to 30 min.) but the news show was usually 30 min. long. By nixing these 2 activities out of my schedule, I carved out REAL time that I could dedicate to my exercise time. I also found that I could watch the news WHILE I do my exercise, so I can still know what is going on in the world I live in.
So here is to finding something in our schedules that is not as important or necessary as exercise and exchanging it for a good, much needed and healthy habit of exercising.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great tip, Joy! I will put it into practice this new year! I have already started making new goals for myself as I now know I can keep with a resolution!
I think this past year is the first time I have kept to a resolution. with the Lord´s strength.
Dani Joy

Siberia said...

I love Dr. Berg's preaching too. I was so privileged to have him as a teacher in college. We have also done the Changed into His Image video series with the workbook, and it was such a growing experience. We now have the Quieting a Noisy Soul series that I hope to be able to do soon. I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal up quickly, and that you have adequate medical help where you are if needed.

Tami

Anonymous said...

hi there faithfitnessandfun.blogspot.com admin discovered your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com