Monday, January 25, 2010

Former Fat Lady, Here Again!

If I don't watch myself...I'm going to have to change my name back to "Fat Lady Nina"...dropping the 'Former'!!

Life has been tough for me since the last challenge ended.

Sickness, holidays, visitors and ministry in High Speed.....life is a whirlwind with me being pulled in many directions. Plus, just when I though life was getting back into a somewhat routine, I threw my back out and for fear of re-injury, I'm afraid to exercise at the same force I was prior to the injury...There's not enough time in the day for me to be laid up in bed again.

Mom's exercise time seems to be getting in the way of 'life' lately and I'm afraid that without Mom's exercise time...life will soon become, once again, fat, lazy and miserable.

So....in my attempt to hold on to my "Former Fat Lady Status"....I'm here with you guys again!

(I'm also the Label Nazi......so get your labels straight already..."Yes, Mam!")

I'll be back with some updated pics. Looking back over the last few months of photos, I don't have any good ones of me showing the weight loss....I'm always the photographer....I'll get one of my kids to take a few soon, and I'll re-post then.

So for now..I'm trying to remember my rules...small portions, exercise, watch sugar, eat whole grains, drink more water...and have fun.

Have a fantastic week Ladies!

5 comments:

Ketty said...

Hi Nina, be careful with you exercise if you are hurting. Take it easy, just watch what you eat for the momment.
We´ll pray you get better soon.

ketty

Joy said...

Hi Nina,
So sorry for all the things that are happening in your life lately. But glad that you are back with us again. It can be very frustrating to NOT be able to exercise for whatever reason, but if your a "good patient" and rest that back, you´ll soon be back to exercising, for "this too will pass"! Have a good day. Love, Joy

Joy said...

Wow Nina, I just figured out you were "former fat lady Nina". I know, it seems easy to put the 2 together, but I didn´t. Duh...you can tell that my age is slowing down my brain function : ) Anyway, hang in there and do hope you get to feeling better soon.
Love,
Joy

Unknown said...

MI Nina!!! I have missed you!

I totally feel for you! I am feeling split apart too! But I have fat dreams and that keeps me going.(LOL)

YOu can do this thang! I have been exercising in between my English teaching classes. It only gives me about 40-50 min. depending on if I have to shower and rush off or another class or not.Then I try to walk the rest of the time to get in my hour. Today I felt frazzled! but ran around with gorgeous flushed cheeks. hahaha

Thanks for helping with those Labels! I haven´t really had to look at them much at all!

Abrazos!! Can´t wait to see you!
Dani Joy

Sarah K said...

Welcome Back Nina!
I'm sorry life is so crazy! I completely understand. Remembering to eat small portions will help keep the weight off. Springing into shape with you!