Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Springy Journal - Joy

Good morning to all. Can´t believe another week has passed so quickly. My dh and I have been sick again all week - some kind of a virus that is not letting go. I thought at first it could be allergy related, but now am thinking just a virus. Breathing has been hard, so the exercise all week was at a minimum. But yesterday I was able to go to camp and worked 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon painting a border on the bottom of a wall - so had a wonderful "squats" workout.

Measured and weighted in today and NO change, except up on the weight, which I´m not too worried about because I feel extremely bloated this a.m. Praying that the virus will soon be past so that I can get back to really "springing" in the weeks we have left.

Food choices were good this past week and I continue to try and add a small amount of "protein" into every meal and snack I eat (goose liver pate, tuna, nuts) which seems to be helping.

Now that Spring is in the air (sun has shined for 3 whole days here in Madrid) I´ve felt a renewed spirit of "springing" so am glad the rains have finally slowed down. Now to get out and walk more and take advantage of this lovely weather (even if the allergies flare up!) : ) Thanking God for His goodness in our lives and for His peace today.
Love,
Joy


Weight 70.7 - 71.4 kilos
Measurements - all the same

P.S. My b-day is coming up the end of this month and I´m going to do something I´ve never done (drum roll) ...ask my dh to buy me some exercise clothing so I can look good while I am getting this bod into shape. : )

3 comments:

Ketty said...

You have to move South Joy, you have been sick way too many times last few months. I haven´t been sick since I got here, (you´ll see, I´ll be sick tomorrow for saying this) praise the Lord.

You are very constant so you will see results.

lvoe
ketty

Sarah K said...

Way to be disciplined even when sick. You are such a great motivator by your lifestyle. Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

I am sure sure that you will be thankful for spring! I will pray that you get healthy and strong so you can do our summer challenge too! jeje.. Yes I am already thinking of a summer challenge. the reason is I need the motivation. I need you all! =) I think it will be a short one though. starting in May to June or something. really intensive. What do you think? Then hit it again for the Christmas Crunch in the fall. ;) You know it! It´s for life!!!

So glad you are keeping at it even with the bumps in the road along the way. you are a trooper for sure. A fighter! I see such determination and faithfulness in everything you do! What a testimony that is for me. Praising the Lord for you.

Big Springy Hugs,
Dani Joy