Monday, October 11, 2010

Introduction Post - Cindy From West Hartford


Hi, I am Cindy B (left in the picture) from West Hartford, Connecticut. My good friend, Alice (Madridmom, right in the picture), invited me to join this challenge (I think she thought I needed it after seeing me this summer-ha!). So here I am. I have never blogged before so this is all very new to me. I have lost weight with weight watchers several years ago, but I am now back to my starting weight of 182 and wish to lose it again. In my head I know what to do, but find that I don't always do it. So my goal is to be consistent, cut out the snacking on goldfish and jelly beans, do regular exercise, and most of all, have accountability with this blog. I will see Alice in February and want there to be less of me. I would like to lose 10 lbs. now, but more importantly I want to get back on track of eating right, exercising, and be in better physical shape to accomplish the ministry that I have at our church where I run the office and teach music in our Christian School. I don't have the energy I once had and though I am 55, I can't use age as an excuse. Thank you Dani, and ladies for allowing me to be part of this

5 comments:

Lynn Lopez said...

HI Cindy! This is Lynn from El Paso, Texas. It's so nice to "virtually" meet you. :) Blogging is new to me too so I'm just following the examples of our other sisters here...Try this, replace your goldfish with nuts and your jelly beans with grapes. When you sing, sing because you're happy (to be strong), and sing because you're free (from the bondage of snacks)!!! After all, I've never seen an overweight sparrow :) Smiles!

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy!

We are so glad to welcome you to the Crunch! It is such a joy to read your first post, knowing God is going to do great things! We will bathe you in prayer. I will be praying for you and all of our Crunching Sisters.

"There is Strength in the Name of the Lord."

Crunching it with ya,
Dani Joy

Sarah K said...

Welcome Cindy!
"Crunching it" with you!
~Sarah K

Charlie said...

Hi Cindy,

It's so nice to meet you. I think that most of us on this blog are like you, "We know what to do, and need encouragement to actually do it."

You sound like you have such a sweet personality, and I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Charlie

Amy B. said...

Hi Cindy. I'm glad to see you doing this challenge, too. It will be good to have encouragement in this "adventure". I will be rooting for you.
This is all new to me, but I'll attempt to learn as I go.
Have a great week.