Saturday, March 12, 2011

Honey and Lime Salmon


This is a really simple recipe but soo tasty and low fat:

Frozen salmon steaks, 1 per person

Lime juice (fresh or squeezy)

Honey

Ground pepper

Place the salmon in an oven-proof dish, squeeze some lime juice and drizzle honey over each piece. (I used about ½ a teaspoon for 2 pieces). Grind a little pepper over the salmon and cover the dish with foil.

Bake at 180 – 190°C

40 mins if the fish is frozen

20 mins if already de-frosted.

Serve with salad or veggies. Add more lime juice if desired. Enjoy



I only took 1/2 a portion, saving the other 1/2 til tomorrow. I'm not really a fish fan but my doctor wants me to eat fish at least once a week and what I really like about this is there is no over-powering "fishy" taste.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not big on fishy fish but, we have a white fish here I like. I will have to try this one out!

Dani Joy