Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Springing for More! 7th Journal Week Four Spring for More! Bonus Points

This is where I jog. It is only a 5 minute jog down hill for me to get here. There are basketball courts too. I love to play at this park.

After we got back from the mall today, and walking for a few hours (only counting 20 min), the boys and I walked/ran down to the park. We were hoping to play basketball but the courts were full. They ended up playing ping pong with some friends and I jogged and stretched. Then we walked home the long way. When I got home, I finished my hour with some ab work and stretching. Praying to have some results even after the weekend.

For all ya´ll springing hard and really putting your heart into it, please don´t get discouraged by the points. We still have 6 weeks left. A lot can happen. Stay faithful. Pray. Keep the goal and you will be surprised at the results. Try to get in at least 40 minutes a day. If you can work up to an hour even better. 


WEEK FOUR Spring for MORE! - Bonus Points 


2 points - drinking 8 - 8 oz of water at least.  (max 2 points) 
2 points extra - every 40 min continuous of exercise 
6 points total for 1 hour of exercise! (this can be a separate workout of 20min. to get to your 1hr.)


Don´t hesitate to ask any questions. If you have ideas for bonus points please send them to me by e mail. 


Springing with ya,


Dani Joy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know what you think, please.

Dani Joy

Charlie said...

You put my walking path to shame with these pics. :o) How beautiful is that! I would walk even more if I had that to walk in. Just absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the extra points. Now, I'll have to try to get in the hour for sure. This week is busy for us, because next week is spring break and we need to get lots done. I am gonna fight for it though.

Charlie

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Great with the bonus points! I am excited about this! I still don't think I can do a whole hour but at least I can strive for my full 40 minutes every day!

So, about the water drinking... is that 2 points per day? Or do you have to drink 8-8oz glasses of water each day for the whole week to get the 2 points? Just wondering...

Unknown said...

The water points are every day. ;)

Drink away!

Dani Joy

Madridmom said...

Sounds good, Dani. I am all for some bonus points ... I was afraid you were bringing in the Nix the Fix this week and I am not ready for that yet! Let me give you a couple scenarios so I understand the bonus points and tell me how you would assign points.

40 min of exercise in one day in 2 different 20 minute slots = 2 pts?

40 minutes continuous exercise = 2pts + 2 bonus points = 4 pts

60 minutes in 3 20 minute slots = 6 points

80 minutes (40 continuous and 2 20 minute slots) 6 pts + 1 for the extra 20 = 7 pts?

80 minutes ( all continuous or 2 40 minute continuous slots) 4 + 4 = 8 pts?

Does any of this sound right?

Unknown said...

Ooo I can see the confusion, Alice.

Hmm. The continuous 40 min. 4 pts
Separate workouts 1 pt each.
The extra 20 min to make the hour is pts.

Here is the break down of what you gave me.

40 min of exercise in one day in 2 different 20 minute slots = 2 pts

40 minutes continuous exercise = 2pts + 2 bonus points = 4 pts

60 minutes in 3 20 minute slots = 3 points ( I will clarify this. On the blog)

80 minutes (40 continuous and 2 20 minute slots) 6 pts + 1 for the extra 20 = opts

80 minutes ( all continuous or 2 40 minute continuous slots) 4 + 4 = 8 pts

The idea is the 40 min continuous. :)

Dani Joy