Sunday, March 20, 2011

Temptations and victories

Well, halfway through the week! I have definitely noticed that I have not been drinking as much water since the bonus points have ended. I really need to be better about making sure I do that! I think a lot of times I get "munchy" when really I am thirsty, so if I make sure I drink enough water, I won't want to snack as much!

I noticed today that I needed to wear a belt for the first time since we went on furlough! Woo hoo! I am trying to hold off on weighing myself until the "weekly weigh-in" so that I don't psych myself out with the normal daily fluctuations. But I did tell my husband - I think that my poochy belly isn't quite so poochy these days!

I did give into temptation today - we got a box from my parents yesterday with some treats for the kids, and today they opened up the Skittles and some other candies. I ate a couple of Starburst gummies and also a couple of Skittles that my daughter offered me :-) I know that it's easy to say "Oh, it's just a couple, what's the hurt?" but I think the key to success for me (right now at least) is NOT moderation with the sweets - it's the discipline (and freedom, really) to say NO to everything! I AM allowing myself a free day, and I took full advantage of it this week, having a small rootbeer float (Homemade ice cream!) for lunch and then some flan for dinner! But the rest of the week I just have to have the discipline to say NO!

We actually got 2 packages this last week and in one from my mother-in-law came some DVDs that I had ordered. I got the beginner "T-Tapp" exercise DVD. I am going to start it tomorrow with my friend. I am not really believing all the claims that they make, but thought it wouldn't hurt to try it at least! Since it is only 15 minutes I definitely will be adding other exercise as well. Have any of you tried it? I'd love to have your input!

6 comments:

Charlie said...

I have never heard of teh T-Tapp DVD, please let us know how it is. I'm always up for new DVDs to alternate.

Good job on avoiding the sweets.

Madridmom said...

I know what you mean about not getting as much water in now that we don't get the extra points for it. Aren't we pitiful? I am going to try to drink more this week though and see if it helps me deal with the munchies like you are doing.
I know what you mean about getting goodies in gifts and packages. Our coworker goes to the States every year in Feb. In past years I have asked her to bring marshmallow peeps to have around Easter time. This year I did not ask for them but she brought them back anyway and gave them to me at church. Ooh boy! Can I be totally selfless and let my kids have them all?

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Madridmom - If the peeps are your favorite, at least let yourself have one, even though they are PURE sugar! Just the taste! And then give them to your kids :-)

Unknown said...

I gotta drink more too. Don´t worry, i will add the extra points back in next week! woo hoo! ;)

You can do it! Awesome discipline for life isn´t it ?

Dani Joy

Vicki King said...

Wow - I know how those gift boxes can include such temptations! My mother in law always sends really good snack stuff - but not necessarily good for us! Last week we got a box too - with the peeps amongst other things. Those aren't too much of a temptation for me, thankfully. :)

Ruth H. said...

Hey- good for you! Just wanted to say that I used T-Tapp and lost two clothing sizes in one and a half months. I loved it! I only did the basic workout, but I would love to get the Total Workout as I think it would be tougher but all around better. I currently have Jillian's 30 day shred going and plan to switch off and on bi-monthly between the two.