Saturday, April 16, 2011

Whew, another busy week

This turned out to be another very busy week. I did get to workout some, though not as much as I had planned. I missed working out yesterday and today. Most everything I did was very active, I just didn't know how to give myself points for most of it.

I got so much done and I'm feeling really good about that. I was able to install an irrigation system in my backyard and replace a leaky faucet outside. I also had to run around to several stores to find a pair of olive green pants for my son's boy scout uniform. I also baked a Shamu cake for my niece today (this one got me into alot of trouble:o))

I also got to go to an Eagle Scout Honor Guard. I have never been to one before and it was really neat. My son is determined to be an Eagle Scout one day. I also got to meet some very nice people.

I also had to take my son to the State yearly standardized testing four days this week. On the first day, I met a very sweet lady. My son and her son really hit it off. I sense that she is having some troubles emotionally. I asked her if she has a personal relationship with the Lord and she said she did. She also said that she has been discouraged in going to church because of some bad experiences. She invited Trevor and I to visit her in her home in May. She lives out in the country. Lord willing I will be able to visit her. Please pray that I will be able to share the love of Jesus with her. I need the words to say to encourage her to go to church. She really seems like she is hurting. She told me that she believes that it was not a coincidence that we met, but that it had a real reason. I'd like to be a witness for the Lord to her.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Phoenix for my niece's birthday party (the one I made the Shamu cake for). I'm gonna have to figure in a workout before we leave.

Let's keep springing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful you got to share about Jesus with this new friend. I know It had a purpose. I prayed for you now to be able to encourage her.

I loved your new picture on FB. you look so slender! You and Trevor look great!

Dani Joy