Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Monday!

Hey Ladies!

Just thought I’d check in at the end of this sunny Monday. I hope you all had a good weekend, mine was great J  Saturday Matt and I went walking and totaled up 6km along the river before heading back home for brunch, then yesterday we met up with another family from church and went into the Spessart for lunch and a walk. The Spessart is a large hilly and wooded region close by, Aschaffenburg us just on the edge. After a short walk up to the former hunting lodge for lunch we set out on what should have been a round walk back to the car park, after an hour of mainly downhill we were told by other walkers that if we keep going we would not reach our car before dark. “Ok, let’s turn round!” But of course that meant the way back was all UPHILL!!!!!!! That was one serious work out for me and my legs are aching today. However I am feeling rather please with myself for managing it.

I’m glad that Dani declared Sunday a free day as on the way back we stopped off at Kathy’s Diner. A 50’s American style place (in the middle of Germany – yep, definitely an oxymoron). I only ordered a sandwich but I forgot how BIG American sandwiches are; white bread plus mayo and sweet and sour sauce I really enjoyed the free sugars.

Thought I’d share a couple more photos with you. As Theresa mentioned, can I encourage you to take you camera out on walks to share little interesting things from your town/country with the rest of us.

Blessings,  Kathy <><




Just as we set off on our leafy walk in the Spessart.



Matt and I found this cute little guy on a walk along the river.

2 comments:

sharla gutierrez said...

Beautiful pictures! A nice place to walk! I love to walk in places with a scenery. This week I did a lot of walking too. SharlaG.

Unknown said...

Oh sounds like you are doing well.
thank you for the fall pictures! lovely!

Dani Joy