Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Introduction Post - Cindy From West Hartford

I think I still can get my introductory post in because the week is not up yet. I also posted this on FB where I will keep track of my points. I have been away since last Thursday at a wedding, so didn't get any points for HEP, exercise, water or posts. However, that is changing as of today. I live in New England and work at a church/Christian School as "jack of all trades". I run the church office, take care of the finances, teach music in the school and anything else that needs to be done in a ministry. I've been here for 35 years. My goal for this challenge is to lose weight and get fit for spring/summer activities. Winter pounds need to be shed. I weighed in at 176.4 but with the wedding, that has gone up. I did the 30 day challenge in January/February and lost 5 lbs. Sinc then I have gone up and down 2 lbs. My goal is to be 165 by April 15th. I am going on a 13 day transatlantic cruise that day and want to feel good. My HEP for this challenge is going to follow the Weight Watchers plan I did six years ago. Its basis is portion control, and eating healthy foods, including WW entrees, limiting sugar and flour, focusing on vegetables and fruit and lean meat. Of course, that will mean NO jelly beans or goldfish - my two snack downfalls. The picture was taken last November when I received the Golden Apple Award from our Regional Education Association. Looking forward to the results of this challenge for all of us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us again, Cindy. I am so excited for you to reach your goals. You can do this with God´s strength.

Dani

KathyH said...

Hey Cindy!

Glad to have you on board again, that cruise sounds lovely and you definitely want to start off feeling good, there'll be lots of lovely food on the ship to be sure.

One question; something must be lost in the trans-atlantic differences in english but why do you eat goldfish?

Cindy B. said...

Goldfish are little cheddar cheese crackers in the shape of goldfish from Pepperidge Farm. I can sit and eat a whole box in one evening. However, that puts lots of weight on my body!