Friday, March 16, 2012

Sarah D Introductory Post

Hello Ladies! I am finally sitting down to write my intro post for this challenge :-)

I am a missionary wife and mom. My husband and I serve with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Wamena, Papua, Indonesia (yes, we live out in the boonies!) I have two daughters - ages 6 and 4, and they keep me on my toes! But, it takes a little more than just chasing them around to keep me fit!

I started my fitness journey about a year ago when Dani Joy invited me to join the Spring into Shape II last year. I was carrying quite a few extra pounds and was eager to do *something* to get that extra weight off! Since then I have participated in every challenge Dani Joy has done except for this latest New Years one. The challenges have been SO good for me. It is so good to have some accountability and just to know that I can post those points if I keep up with the exercise, water drinking, etc!

I have lost 30 pounds in the last year and that is a HUGE accomplishment for me! My body just likes to stay at whatever weight it is at and really needs a kick in the booty in order to start losing weight, so that is why these challenges are so good! In the last year I have really changed my eating habits - I eat SO much less sugar than I used to, and really think more about what I am eating and if it is healthy for me.

Here is a picture taken in November 2010 - a month after returning from our first furlough, and about 3 months before my first challenge.


And here is a picture taken just about a month ago, at the Singapore Zoo, on our way back to the States for a short visit (we are back in Wamena now.)


Here are my current weight and measurements (I am 5'10" tall)
Weight - 180 lbs
Bust - 35
Chest - 30
Waist - 29
Hips - 42
R & L Thighs - 24
R & L Arms - 12

I would like to lose a few more pounds, my goal weight is probably 165 or so but I would be happy with 170!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Sarah!!!
YOu are looking so great!!! I am sure you are feeling great! Praising the Lord with you on your victories!!

Dani Joy