Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Eggs, A Low-Cost Superfood

Today is brought to you by the egg.

I had a really fabulous post written on the back of an envelope, but I lost the envelope.  All of my best ideas have gone the way of the envelope.

My brain is a funny thing.  Ideas and thoughts pop up out of nowhere and at the most random times.  Rarely do these good ideas come when I am seated in front of my computer.  Instead, they strike in the checkout line at the super-market, or in the middle church, during one of my husband's messages (don't tell him that!), or when I'm in the shower, or about to fall asleep at night.  I'm guilty of either forgetting my ideas or scratching them out on any scrap of paper I can find and then losing the paper.  One day, I'll get myself more organized and maybe even carry a notepad or use the Evernote App on my cell phone, but for today, you get an egg.



Eggs are unappreciated and undervalued.

They are crazy good for you and range in calories from about 70 - 85, depending on the size of your egg.  You get a lot of nutrition packed into every egg.

It's the perfect, protein rich, vitamin dense food.  And, as a bonus, it's cheap!

I've been writing 31 Days of Cheap Tricks over on The Domestic Fringe and we've talked about all kinds of ways to save money on food, everything from couponing to gardening.  However, adding eggs to your regular diet is one of the cheapest tricks I have to help you live for less while eating healthy.

Eggs are a low-cost superfood

Eggs are your friend.

So, go on, scramble, boil, fry, and flip an egg today!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

We eat eggs all the time in Spain. They eat them mainly for supper.

The Domestic Fringe said...

Well, my husband hates eating breakfast for dinner, so I usually only do that when he's working well past dinner. We eat a lot of eggs though. We get them from a nurse who works with my husband. She's got her own chickens and keeps us well supplied.

Unknown said...

Ohhh I would love to have Chickens!