Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sugar, ahhhhhhhhhhhhgggggg!

I can definately say that my body doesn´t like much sugar anymore :-)
After living sugar free for a few weeks, and feeling way better, without stomach pains, I have noticed a big change in my health.

But after all the desserts I had the 24th and 25th, my stomach is not very happy today and reminding me about my pains.

I am very happy this crunch helped me recognize and learn how I need to eat from now on. I can´t say I will never have somethig sweet anymore, but I do know for sugar my sugar and flour intake is going to change dramatically.

Here I found a web page that will help me with a lot if I ever want to crave, for example, cinnamos rolls. I imagine I could substitute the white sugar for brown sugar.
http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/2007/03/cinammon-roll-of-your-dreams.html

saludos
Ketty

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know! I Know!! ahhhhgggg is right!!

I am off sugar now!! Starting now!!

Thanks for keeping up posting here. Love it!

Dani Joy

Maribel said...

I made cinnamon rolls with whole wheat flour and brown sugar. The kids liked them too. Just add a little more liquid to the recipe.

Ketty said...

Wow, thank you for letting me know Maribel. Did you use the recipe I posted here or do you have another recipe? Let me know because I might tyr it this week.
And what liquid did you add to the recipe?

Muchae gracias
Ketty

Maribel said...

No, I did not see your recipe. I have a very simple one:


No knead rolls

2 cubes of yeast (whole pack from Mercadona)
2 c. warm water (you may do half warm water to dissolve the yeast and half milk or buttermilk, or any of the sort). I added a little more liquid here because the whole wheat flour absorbs more liquid.

Then add:

1 egg
1/2 c brown sugar
2tsp salt
1/4 c vegetable oil

6-7 c flour (1 kilo) I used 4 cups of whole wheat flour b/c I did not have more. I will try using all whole wheat next time.

You add it little by little. Dough should be soft. Let rise 1-2 hours (or in the fridge overnight).

Shape into rolls or spread for cinnamon rolls. Use brown sugar for filling :)

I do not put any icing on, but you could make it and serve it on the side.
Enjoy and let me know. I'll take a look at your recipe.

Un beso

Maribel