Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 2 Springy Journal -- Alice D

I am having a hard time getting going with this new challenge. Can't even seem to get one post in a week .... how did I post every day for the CCC?
The first week was not good at all as far as exercise goes but I have been more regular in this second week. Probably getting the extra points helped. I know it motivated me to do some jogging and push myself in the aerobics exercises that I do. My goal for February is to do at least 20 minutes every day on the wii fit plus. I find that I was not doing anything because I didn't have an hour to devote to exercise. Well, I think that 20 minutes every day is better than 3 days of nothing and then an hour on the 4th day. I'm shooting for consistency and habit making. I have a 20 minute stretching and strength training program set up so on some days I can just run through that routine but this week I have been focusing on the aerobics. Today I clicked on the advanced button and did 6 minutes solid of hula hoops. It sounds silly but I was dying by the end of that one!

I found my measuring tape so tomorrow I will measure and see if there is any change from the end of the CCC. My weight is finally down to where it was at the end of the CCC. 2/10 of a pound more and I will have lost 11 pounds since the start of this journey in October. That is over half way to my ultimate goal.

I have been having terrible cravings and have given in to a few stupid binges lately. I know I will not see any real changes if I don't get this eating under control.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It´s hard to keep at it sometimes, but you have us to help you. YOu can do this thing. Poco a Poco, with the goal in mind, you can change your lifestyle for life. Make lifetime changes and disciplines that will carry you though.

We are with you! So glad you are keeping at it!

Big Springy hugs,
Dani Joy

Joy said...

Alice,
When I saw you at the Ladies meeting, I could SEE you had lost weight : ) Get a before picture and hang it on the fridge and a "now" picture to encourage you with the food choices. Glad to hear that you were able to do the hula hoop exercise...I understand that is a BIG deal and proud of you. Keep it up.
Love,
Joy

Sarah K said...

Hula Hooping for 6 min! You go girl!
Praying this week the exercise gets more consistent for you.
Congratulations on the weight!
Keep up the good work!