Thursday, October 29, 2009

Already Losing!

I was really socked when I got on the scale this morning...it said 164 lbs! Now keep in mind that yesterday, my kick off weight was 166.4. I have no idea how that could have happend, and I'm taking it with a grain of salt, because no doubt, it will be up tomorrow...it just can't be fat that was lost, so I am sure its water.

But that brings me to my weight loss tip...its grapefruit. I found this article on RealAge.com, http://www.realage.com/tips/can-citrus-make-you-slim, about the benefits of grapefruit, and its well worth reading. But I have been eating grapefruit for many years, and it does work wonders for losing the excess water in your body, and the results show on the scale quickly.

But I want to add this really good benefit...it appeases your appetite and quences the sugar cravings! That should get your atention. As a sugarholic, this is major for me. If I begin my day with one half of a ruby red grapefruit, it will make a huge difference in what I want to eat throughout the day.

I'm not sure if grapefruit juice does the same thing, but Dr.Oz will probably address that in the article. My hubby can't eat the grapefruit, but he does love the Ocean Spray Lite Ruby Red Graperuit Juice...I don't know if he's losing weight on it...he won't tell me what the scale reads...but it does curb the appetite for those sugary foods, and seems to increase the desire for healthy foods.

So give it a try and "weigh in" on it!

Have a wonderful day, everyone...God bless you!

Mary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That´s so great, Mary! It could be that you are already losing water weight. Keep drinking that water and the grapefruit is deuretic. (sp?) Which means it helps cleans ya. Great stuff! My mom is doing the grapefruit diet.

My mom is April H., but she hasn´t come on yet.

Maybe she will read and be encouraged.

thanks for this tip!
and Great Crunchin'
Dani Joy