Monday, October 26, 2009

A little about me ...

Hi! I am Sarah Kerschner. I live in Sacramento, California. I met Danielle in 1998(?) Joseph and Danielle came to our church as a resting place between other churches while they were on deputation. I was expecting my second child and she was expecting her first. We then had the pleasure of having the whole family at our home in Sacramento in 2004(?) (Wow! I didn't realize I was so bad with dates!) I have enjoyed being encouraged by her and her posts.

I have been married to my wonderful husband, Jay, for 13 years. We have 5 wonderful children - 4 boys and a girl: Jay 12, Timothy (Timmy) almost 11, Nathanael (Nate) 9, Emily 6, and William (Will) 3. The older 2 boys attend an onsite charter school and I homeschool the others. The children enjoy playing soccer and baseball. The oldest also enjoys wrestling (don't all boys!) He participates on a team at the school. I spend a lot of my time running them to and from school, classes and sports.

I decided to participate because I am not very consisitent with my exercise and calorie counting. We are hoping that this will be a springboard for a continued process. I have really been burdened with at least working on stamina so that I do not collapse at the end of the day but can end it strong. (making dinner, reading stories, and loving on my kids instead of sitting down and being too tired to be/do my best).

I hope I answered everything I was supposed to. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and working together to motivate and encourage each other.

I forgot the fun fact! ... hmmm ... I'll have to get back to you!

4 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Hi Sarah!

So good getting to know you! Praise the Lord for friends we meet along our deputation trail!

We...I hope you find the encouragement you're looking for on this blog!....

Have a great week!
.....Former Fat Lady Nina

Unknown said...

Sarah,
I am so glad you have joined in! We are so excited about this accoutability Challenge. If we stick with it, it will get us on the right foot for the New Year!

I can´t believe it´s been so long since we have seen each other. Our big boys are growing up so fast!

Feel free to ask any questions, post helps and what is working for you starting Wednesday. Start gearing up!

Let´s Crunch it, Girl!

momstheword said...

Oh yes, boys enjoy wrestling. I have two of 'em. They're older and don't really wrestle anymore though.

I am hoping for a little more energy for my day too!

KathyH said...

Hi Sarah,

Wow! 5 kids in 13 years that's some going! I'm not surprised you don't get time to exercise.

I was in Cali just a few weeks ago, as we get to know each other, maybe next time I fly over we'll be meeting up for a jog on the beach! LOL