Friday, November 6, 2009

Snack Attack?

I was having serious cravings yesterday. Sometimes they are legit and I truly need to eat something! Sometimes they are not - I just want the sheer pleasure of eating! I'm trying to be discerning. I have been known to sabotage a week's worth of effort with one snack attack. So I keep an arsenal handy. You probably do too. Here's what mine looks like today (usually there is a nonfat/sugar free yogurt stuck in there) ...This is where I start before I turn to heavier stuff, like peanut butter on the apple!

Since reading Maribel's recipe for roasted veggies, I've been wanting to try it. I needed a change up from the many salad greens and chicken breasts I've had for lunch lately. These are my veggies before roasting!

Beautiful huh?




Paired with a small thin veal steak (palm-sized) and onion sautéed in a little olive oil and
spices, this made the most delicious and filling lunch!

I'm ready for a change up in exercise too! The bike has served me well, but today I have a sore throat, perhaps from riding the bike in the cold wet weather yesterday. Today I'll try a dvd! Here's to crunching with you ladies!!





4 comments:

Siberia said...

OK, can I join you for lunch tomorrow? Looks wonderful, especially the mushrooms (can't get those here, and I love them!) You are doing so well!

Karen said...

We'll HAVE to have lunch together some time... a board meeting or conference. How fun would that be? Love ya!

The Herd said...

Way to go with eating healthy!

Unknown said...

Beautiful plate!! oooo yummy!

Sorry about your sore throat.

Lord willing it will not interfere in your incredible crunching abilities.

Crunchin´it with ya,
Dani Joy