Monday, February 21, 2011

How did your Sunday go?

Mine was very nice. A little busier than I wanted it to be, but it was fun altogether. Sunday is my day off for the week. Like most of you, because it is the Lord's day. I don't do any real fitness workout on this day, unless of course it's just playing around. I also take a day off of being so concerned about what I eat. Although I try not to overdo it.


So, here's my Sunday report:


First off, I had a great breakfast of 2 eggs topped with salsa (are you guys getting the picture that I love salsa), 1 slice of wholegrain toast lightly spread with neufchatel and preserves, a cup of coffee with a little creamer.


Then off to church. It was a great service. We observed the Lord's supper, and also had a baby dedication after the church service.


I then had a great lunch of a salmon burger on whole wheat bread, loaded with baby spring greens, light on the olive oil mayo (about 1 tbsp), and 2 slices of tomato.
I really love these salmon patties from Costco. They are made from Salmon fillets not salmon's spare parts if you know what I mean. Salmon is loaded with nutrients such as Omega 3's). My son really loves it too. He says it's the best sandwich.
Then I went to a Mary Kay workshop at my sister's house. It was fun. I thought I was doing great with my eating, even without thinking about it (So a bit proud of myself!!!!! You know not really wanting anything bad for me....). Then my sister comes back in the room with huge slices of red velvet cake with frosting and all. Before I knew it a plate of the biggest slice of cake was in my hands. Hmmmm.....not so proud of myself now........as I ate the whole thing. So glad it was my day off. It also reminded me to put things back into perspective and being proud of myself was not a good thing. The Lord made me realize that even in these small things, without him I am nothing. I am weak in the flesh, but with Him I can do all things.
Went home and had another salmon burger for supper with my son. Then sat and watched a few episodes of Monk with my son.
All in all, it was a great day! Thank you, Lord.
How did your Sunday go?



2 comments:

Donna said...

Ooo..I hate Red Velvet, so that would not have tempted me... but the other stuff...!! :-) And I love Monk, too! I can do ALL through Him!

Unknown said...

Charlie, Our Sunday was wonderful! I am so blessed. Our services were great and the food choices were easy. ;) I felt like I did fairly well except for some fried potatoes.

Now I am enjoying an oatmeal cookie with a coffee though. ;) One.

Thank you for your posts. They are informative and very open. Love it.

Dani Joy