Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Hi Ladies. This is my introduction post - a little late. I am happy to join you again on this adventure of healthy living. I just turned 58 and celebrated my birthday in Jerusalem with Alice Dysert. We had a blast on our trip, but when I got home, I started eating a lot again and gained back several pounds. I work at our church where I have been on staff for 35 years. I do just about everything except drive a bus. We also have a small Christian School and I teach music with three choirs and two handbell choirs. It is fun being in the ministry, but the unusual is almost always apt to happen. We've had some interesting things take place the past few days which has kept me from getting a good start on this challenge. Hopefully I will be able to catch up and keep up. I am starting my weight at 182 and want to lose 10% or more by July 10th which is my next European trip. I did it years ago using Weight Watchers, and want to see if I can do it again. My HEP will follow their guidelines which includes three balanced meals a day with portion control, and cutting out snacks full of refined sugar and flour. This may adjust as the challenge continues, but that is where I can start. Thank you, Dani, for encouraging us on this challenge! Happy springing to everyone!

No comments: